Sunday, January 18, 2009

Awards, Parties, and Broken Heating

Yesterday, after receiving the VCFA Alumni Gift Award (for dedication and personal and critical growth), I returned to my room to find it approximately 92 degrees even though the thermostat said 68. Turns out there was some boiler problem and the entire dorm was like this.

No sweat. I just opened the window, and the storm window, and left to go set up for the party. Our class put together a CLUE themed party for the graduating class, the Revisionistas. Not to brag or anything, but it was awesome. Everyone there seemed to be having a great time, and when the music went off at midnight, there was much disappointment on the dance floor.

About 4.5 hour after I left my room, I returned, and the temperature had gone down. By 6 degrees. I dug out the fan left in my closet and got it down to about 80 before going to bed.

And the boiler must have died last night because I woke up freezing at 6:45 this morning.

But yesterday, my friends, was so worth the sweating and freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment


WebCounter