Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hey Kids! I Miss You Already!

Yesterday I drove almost 6 hours to get to Montpelier Vermont, where the Vermont College of Fine Arts is. I pulled my car over in front of the dorm and who do I see? My awesome friend and author Varian Johnson, along with the amazing Sharron Darrow (she wrote TRASH -- a number of you have read it). It was so good to see them -- I haven't seen them since July.

After I settled in, went to some meetings, and had dinner, I went to a lecture given by Carolyn Coman -- author of What Jamie Saw and Many Stones (both of these books are in the classroom library). Her lecture was very inspiring -- it mainly had to do with becoming a better writer and all of the doubts we have as writers that we need to overcome.

Today I have my first workshop -- everyone submits work that gets read and talked about by a small group. It's called a critique, and it's a way to become a better writer by hearing what other people like about what you have written and also what they think could be better.

Remember to read every night! That's the #1 way to do well on the test.

Missing,

Ms. Pignataro

No comments:

Post a Comment


WebCounter