Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the last day of the residency. I'm actually super excited to get the semester going! I had my meeting with my advisor, Margaret, this morning and I think this semester is going to be the most productive for me in terms of finishing the novel for one main reason -- No CRITICAL ESSAYS at all!!!

Last semester, when I worked on my critical thesis with the amazing Leda Schubert, I struggled. I didn't finish it until packet 4, so I only had 2 packets of creative work to submit. Leda gave me abundant feedback, which, along with my workshop critique, gives me enough to work on revisions of what exists of the novel before I hand my first packet in to Margaret. I want it to be good. I feel so lucky to be working with Margaret that I want to take advantage of it as best as possible.

I also went back and looked at the short story that I want to include in my creative thesis, "The Signs," and revised it a bit. I'm curious to see what Margaret has to say about it.

I'm tired this evening. I think it has to do with the inauguration hype that's going around. I cleaned off the car this morning (a huge task in itself, but it was good to be doing some physical labor) and went to Morse Farms and downtown for a while. I bought some awesome wool socks! I also got some treats for my coworkers.

Graduation should be nice tomorrow. It's the last one before mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment


WebCounter